Adjudicator: Stephen Cobb
Sacred Item/Set Work/Own Choice = Total
1. Wellington Brass (David Bremner): 95/145/145 = 385
2. Dalewool Auckland Brass (Nigel Weeks): 94/144/146 = 384
3. North Shore Brass (Colin Clark): 92/142/144 = 378
4. Woolston Brass (Graham Hickman): 93/141/140 = 374
5. Leopard Coachlines Canterbury Brass (Tyme Marsters): 91/137/142 = 370
6. Ascot Park Hotel Brass (Dwayne Bloomfield): 87/138/143 = 368
7. Waitakere Auckland Brass (Russell Gray): 86/140/141 = 367
8. Marlborough District Brass (Kevin Moseley): 90/136/139 = 365
9. Brass Wanganui (Bruce Jellyman): 89/135/138 = 362
10. St Kilda Brass (Peter Adams): 85/139/137 = 361
Trevor Bremner on Cornet accompanied by wife Betty has won the 2014 Champion of Champions event.
Second placing went to Riki McDonnell and third place to Mitchell Spence.
Adjudicators: Dr. Stephen Cobb, Brent Large and Nigel Weeks.
Invercargill will be buzzing as 1000 musicians invade the city to compete at our 134th National Brass Band Championships. If you can’t make it to contest you can still watch the band events on Friday 10 July and Saturday 11July as they will be streamed live on www.brassbanned.com Events start from 8.30am both days.
Our thanks to go our chief adjudicators Dr Stephen Cobb, Brent Large and Stephen Leader, to our solo judges Peter Adams, David Bremner, Dwayne Bloomfield, David Chalk, Colin Clark, Kevin Dell, Matthew van Emmerik, Russell Gray, Murray Hickman, Brent Hoy, Bruce Jellyman, Phil Johnston, Byron Newton, Grant Sinclair, Alan Spence, Rodney Sutton and Nigel Weeks.
Our sincere thanks go to our sponsors and funder:
The Invercargill Licensing Trust, ILT Foundation, Music Works, Besson, New Zealand Army Band, ABI Music Ltd, Royal New Zealand Navy Band, Music Ways Ltd, E Hayes & Sons Ltd, HW Richardson Group, McDermott Coachlines, Invercargill City Council, the Radio Network, Molto Music, Re-percussion, The Pelorus Trust, The Infinity Foundation and The Four Winds Foundation.
BBANZ is pleased to announce the 2014 National Band that will tour to China and Korea in September. Due to many different reasons a number of players selected in 2013 are no longer available to tour. Musical Director Nigel Weeks (pictured below) has auditioned for replacements and has selected a highly competent band.
We invite you to come on board and support the National Band by sponsoring a player and/or by attending the one and only New Zealand concert to be held in Auckland on 1 September. (Concert details can be found on the poster on this website.)
Our sincere thanks go to the following seat sponsors already onboard: